11.15.2010

30 for 30: number 8: shades of purple

if it has not been discovered from my previous 30 for 30 posts, purple is my favorite color. i tend to wear it a lot and accessorize with it even more. today i went out all purple, purple top, shoes, and accessories. hope you like it! again, i am casual because i have to be for work...but i hope i manage to look casual and cute!


necklace is from loft (shocking), clutch bag (that also comes with a strap) is from nine west. 

              and to prove that i really do like purple a lot, a few shots from our wedding day!
i wore purple shoes...
and one the reception got underway, i switched my ivory sash for a purple one (made by my wonderful aunt), that exactly matched my wonderful bridesmaids...
...also in purple.

last but not least, i thought the boys needed a purple pop of color too.
purple socks! they weren't big fans, but i was!

12 comments:

  1. purple is great. also, ma'am, i have a very similar nine west clutch/bag except it is............. purple! shmeee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, frand. and yes, that is a meatball ear in the close-up.

    and, you can still do fun things with your shoulder-length hair. (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm obsessed with purple too! It's uncontrollable the need to purple-ize everything! Your wedding looked gorgeous, and I love the guys socks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All this purple in your wedding is wonderful! I'm impressed by the sheer number of bridesmaids. I have one purple piece in my remix and I'm working it. Best of luck on the remaining days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. PURPLE is great on you.. I love purple too.. look forward to seeing your other upcoming outfits!!

    cheers J

    ReplyDelete
  6. Purple is my fave, too. :) I just can't help it! I love other colors too but I always gravitate towards it.

    So happy to meet you and your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty in purple. Love it.

    Melanie@UnravelledThreads
    Follow @UnraveldTreads on Twitter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh.my.gosh. your wedding pics are so pretty. i LOVE the socks and the bouquets. fun memories forever!! congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The purple socks are such a nice touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love purple too. It's great for brunnettes and blondes.

    I am trying to figure out how to use it in the summer somehow I feel that darker shades don't really go with sunny days...

    Alba

    www.fashionistaontour.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love purple! I am also doing my 30-for-30 right now (almost done!). You definitely look casual AND cute :)

    ReplyDelete